7/17/10

Toy Story 3 Review


Anyone who grew up with Woody, Buzz, and the rest of the crew have been eagerly awaiting the sequel to our favorite childhood movie. All the voice actors returned, and everything is just like how it used to be. But is the 3rd film in the series enough for Toy Story fans, or is it dissapointing to the fans?

The story of Toy Story (thats a lot stories!) has Andy going to college, which ultimately has the toys going to a what seems like a toy's heaven, but of course its not what it seems. There aren't too many twists, but was anyone really expecting any? Actually, towards the end I heard some people crying (not me of course), but I'm not gunna spoil that. The film ends bittersweet, but it is completely satisfying (there's no Toy Story 4, is there?)

The voice acting is as good as ever, with all the same cast as the original. Looking back on the old ones and seeing this new one, CG animation has improved since then but not a whole lot. I guess thats what happens when something is revolutionary.

So the story's good, the visuals are good, whats a negative of this movie? Well, besides the slightly sad ending, the only thing that I disliked was the omission of Emperor Zurg, who was my favorite character growing up. But I guess the Ken doll makes up for that.

While Toy Story 3 certainly didn't exceed my expectations one thing is for sure: Pixar is the king of animated movies, and everything they make is genius. The third Toy Story film is no exception, and if you liked the originals, you cannot miss this.

A-

4 comments:

SEO said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

Radiator Covers UK said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Free Online Games said...

Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

The secret search for enlightenment said...

I wanna watch this movie or better yet grab a DVD copy of my own after reading your blog. You encourage me to watch this. Thanks anyway!