12/24/08

The Day The Earth Stood Still-The New One: 81% B-







I got a chance to see this movie yesterday!

Well, it was very funny. The alien's names are Klatoo and Gort. It seems like this remake is not really a remake at all. It's as cheesy as the original probably was.

Okay, I'm being a little harsh-The movie wasn't THAT bad. The special effects were cool, except for Gort (He looked pretty fake, honestly). Also, there are these little microscopic metallic beetle things that eat everything-glass, humans, whatever. So that was pretty cool.

The problem was that I was expecting it to be as good as War of the World (good movie starring Tom Cruise), and it really wasn't as good. So really my expectations were way too high. If you keep your expectations low before watching the movie, you'll probably enjoy it a lot. It's just that I was expecting something amazing, and I got something average. But really, you'll probably like this movie, but not love it, like me. Plus, some parts are really cheesy (and hilarious), so it's almost like a comedy!

Overall: B- (81%)

By the way, I posted the picture for the old movie and the new one-Gort (the alien on the 1951 poster) looks the same in the new movie!

1 comment:

MBJ said...

I didn't see that movie, because I'm not near an IMAX and this movie looked good, but not theaterwise. But I'm definately renting it on DVD.