8/26/09

Batman Arkham Asylum Review FINALLY!!!




Graphics: Best graphics of 2009. Yup, that good. The asylum looks incredible. The game has a very dark tone that is definitely there throughout the whole game. The characters look awesome, the animation are the best out of any video game. Forget best graphics of 2009, BEST GRAPHICS OF ALL TIME. 10/10

Sound: Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamil, the only people who could be any better are Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. The voice acting is THE BEST OF ANY VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME. Music is great, but at one part it randomly stopped for no reason. This game has great sound. No other way to put it. 10/10

Story: Basically Batman's worst night ever. Almost every Batman villain you can think of is here, from of course the Joker to the infamous Bane. The story is interesting and compelling, with many important characters that I think I haven't even heard of (Dr. Young...?). The story ends great (yeah, I spoiled it by watching the ending on youtube), with a plot twist at the end. One of the BEST STORIES EVER IN A VIDEO GAME. Seeing a pattern here?

Gameplay: The game is very different from what you might think. This is what I thought it would be like: Go beat up some guys, go do some stealth takedown, and repeat. Nope. Theres platforming, boss fights, a really cool detective mode, action beat-em-up parts, stealth planning and takedowns, puzzles, smart thinking, riddles (from...you guessed it...The Riddler!), and so much more. I cant even begin to explain how great this game is in this review. I will tell you this: Batman is one of my favorite games of the year. Ya know what, its my favorite game of all time.

 Of course, this is going to be compared to inFamous. Here's what I say: inFAMOUS is better on the action/combat/cover system. Batman is better on smart thinking/puzzles/stealth. In my mind they're tied. But, another thing to mention is Batman is hard. I had to try the boss fight 4 times to beat it (the first one) before I found a good strategy to win. inFamous is easier because there aren't riddles and puzzles to solve, but that can be a good or bad thing.

Multiplayer: None.

Overall: This and inFamous are my favorite games. Get them both and you decide whats better. If you can only pick to games to get forever, the best choices are inFAMOUS and Batman: Arkham Asylum. They are the best games of all time. This is the second 10/10 I have ever given, and I'm proud to give it. Batman is DEFINITELY NOT ONE TO MISS.

1 comment:

MBJ said...

Definitley getting this game.