6/14/09

Bedtime Stories review


Ugh..................Adam Sandler thinks he's SO funny. Well, I'll put that aside as I write this review. :P

You've probably heard or seen the recent Disney film Bedtime Stories. And I'm telling you, you probably wish you hadn't. This movie is desperate. It seems like it could be an unprofessional film that enters a contest and gets last place. Yeah, it really is that bad.

It's been a while since it was painful to watch a movie, but this reminds me what its like. The jokes are REALLY bad. Like they expect us to think that a giant booger monster is the funniest thing in the whole world. I know, little kids might like it, but really, I've seen kid movies with good humor (Pixar's Up was amazing), and this is so disappointing.

Okay, I know I wasn't going to say anything about Adam Sandler, but really, this was his worst movie. Actually, the only good movie I can think of him in is Click, which was not that great. But anyway, the acting in this is desperate. They (actors) must've got paid a ton of money, because none of them were good at all.

The story is, while somewhat original, uninspired, too simple to enjoy, and flat-out boring. Basically Sandler wants something and tells the kids a story and he gets or doesn't get what he wants. It is sad how much effort was put in this movie. Usually Disney does put effort into there films, but Bedtime Stories in an exception.

While the films premise seems good on paper, this movie did not turn out good at all, and I don't even recommend a weekend rental. This movie is trying to get money by advertising, not by making a fun family flick.

D

2 comments:

MBJ said...

I kind of disagree, because I thought there were some funny parts, and you know how Adam Sandler is always in bad and crude movies? Well, I'm glad he did Disney. Yes, this film is not worth a buying DVD, but I think it's a rental.

Skyler Olson said...

Yeah, I'm glad he's not crude in this. But still, for some reason I just really hated this movie. :(