6/15/09

Stardust Review


When I saw the trailers for this in 2007, I didn't think much of it. But when I was looking for movies at the library, I saw it, and decided to give it a chance.

Stardust is a fantasy adventure film that is GREAT for all ages. There's action for the guys, romance for the girls, and cheesy humor for the 3 year olds. This movie really is a great family movie.

The acting in phenomenal. It might just be because they have English accents, but each actor seems to be dedicated to their roll, no matter how small. There is even an appearance by the guy who's in the English version of the Office (I have no idea what his name is). The actors really bring this magical film alive.

The special effects are not great, but plot makes up for it. The story is told in a way that engages the viewers and really makes them feel like part of the movie. Not many films can achieve this in a way that Stardust does.

I know I said the humor was for three-year-olds, but that isn't really true. Everyone will laugh at one part, whether its the ghost brothers or the pirate captain wearing girl clothes. Like Pixar's Up, everyone can enjoy the humor in this movie.

Really, Stardust is just plain amazing. It has action, romance, humor, adventure, great engaging plot, amazing acting, and everything else you'd expect from a fun fantasy film. Really, Stardust is definitely worth it.

A

5 comments:

MBJ said...

I agree. I haven't written the review on this, but I loved this movie. Hugely underrated, wouldn't you agree? I give it a 9/10.

MBJ said...

By the way, don't you just hate it when critics like these terrible R-rated movies, and don't give credit for these gems? Really, critics and other people haven't heard of this movie, and said it was okay. This is what I call an "underrated movie gem."

MBJ said...

Another by the way:

Off subject, when is Cheesey Ball Galaxy coming to your other website? I love your other cheesey ball games, so I can't wait for this.

Skyler Olson said...

I actually lost the codes and stuff for cheesy ball, so its not going to come out (unless I redesign the engine, which is long and not fun). I'm making a new game called cop chase. It's kind of like Grand Theft Auto without the M rated stuff. It will probably be finished by the mid-summer. I'll post some screenshots of the new game later.

By the way, yeah, I agree about Stardust. It's really disappointing that it is so underrated.

MBJ said...

Yep.