8/9/09

Need for Speed Carbon PS3 Review




Like I said, I'm being a little tougher on my ratings. This isn't a horrible game, but I am disappointed. I just wished for something more like the NFS Undercover series, and something that I could play without feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing.

Graphics: Highly pixelated due to the fact that this game came out for the XBOX before the PS3 even came out. Basically the makers of this game copy/pasted this game on a PS3 disc. The graphics suffers for this, but the lighting effects are great. 6/10

Story:  Racing games don't usually have a story, but this one does. While there's no really meaningful characters, it gets a 8 for even having one. 8/10

Sound: Voiceovers are fine, but the music style is not really that great. 7/10

Gameplay: Well, lets start out that the controls are not good. Bad handling on the vehicle and complicated gear shifting are some of the many problems. Races are challenging to the point of frustration, and the game is just confusing. They don't even explain teammates well enough that I still don't understand what the triangle button does. Boost never works due to some random reason, they talk about 4 different racing styles. NONE OF THEM ARE EXPLAINED! This isn't even technically a sequel, although it is based on previous games. But this is ridiculous, especially since this is the NFS Playstation 3 debut. On the bright side, cop chases are as fun as ever, and free roaming is pretty fun, too. 5.5/10

Multiplayer: This game has got some good offline and online multiplayer, but if I knew actually how to play this game it might have actually redeemed itself.

Like I said, I'm being a little tougher on my ratings. This isn't a horrible game, but I am disappointed. I just wished for something more like the NFS Undercover series, and something that I could play without feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing.

6.7/10 Not a complete fail; more like a complete disappointment. 

2 comments:

MBJ said...

So Burnout is much better, huh?

Skyler Olson said...

Oh, definitely. Burnout is my favorite racing game of all time.