8/11/09

Smallville Season 1 and 2 Double Review





As you all know, I love Smallville, so I decided to review the first two season. I've started season 3, so I'll write a review when I finish it.

Season 1 Review: 

The pilot started the show off with a bang, and I've loved it ever since. The story follows Clark Kent as a teenager trying to keep his secret while saving his friends from the dangers of Smallville. In the first season, basically there's a different bad guy for every episode, which may seem cool. Actually, it gets redundant. The story structure is pretty much the same, until the season finale ended in a climax. There are some great episodes in this season, but it's not my favorite. A-


Season 2 Review: 

Season 2 picks up after Season 1's climatic ending, and this is where the story keeps getting better. There are many twists and turns, big battles, and "wow" special effects moments (for 2002). This season follows Clark as he learns more about his past. Lex Luthor is driving himself insane by being obsessed with learning Clarks secret, while his friends are having arguments about trust. This sounds like a lot to cover, but really Smallville Season 2 does everything right. This is possibly the best season of any TV show, but there is one problem. The last episode ends terribly. Yup, Clark goes evil, and instead of a cliffhanger we are left with "what the...". The beginning of season 3 doesn't really fix this until about the 4th episode. But season 2 is spectacular. Really a masterpiece. A



I really really REALLY recommend Smallville even if your not into Superman. I wasn't really until I started watching the show. The story is movie quality, and I actually find the show is better than the movies. Please watch this show, the first season is only 5 bucks used on amazon, and it is worth it.

4 comments:

MBJ said...

Sounds like an awesome show.

MBJ said...

By the way, I have a question. How do you put countdowns on your blog, like the countdown for the reunion?

Skyler Olson said...

Just google myspace countdown clocks. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, the slow motion in Smallville is awesome, he can run faster than bullets, just like bullet time.

MBJ said...

Sweet!

By the way, thanks for the info.