11/29/09

G.I. Joe Review


Although its bit a late (not as late as the 24 review), here's my review for the summer flick "G.I. Joe":

I think many critics make a review before they see the movie. They see trailers, clips, think about previous movies made by those people, if its based on something, judge it by that, and anything else they can think of. Stereotyping movies is what critics do a lot. I'm not saying always, but its obvious that sometimes this happens.

Critics hear the word "Hasbro" and immediately think that it will be terrible. Probably because "Revenge of the Fallen" has given Hasbro a bad name (sorry McKay!). But G.I. Joe shouldn't be blamed for what that movie did, but for some reason, I think it has.

You are not watching this for academy award material. You won't see incredible acting or amazing cinematography or anything spectacular for that matter. Your going to see some explosions, some action, some more explosions, some more action, and you get the idea. Keep that in mind.

The weirdest part about G.I. Joe is the effects. You've probably seen the great special effects from the trailers, but they don't show you when they ran out of money. I'm not joking, there are some scenes that look like an animated movie, and others that look incredible.

Now to the acting. Its not good. The only big name really in this is Dennis Quaid. All the rest are people I've never heard of. That negatively effects the movie a lot. There laugh out loud moments where the acting is so unbelievably bad. Plus, the writing isn't that good either, so put it together and you really can't take this seriously.

But thats the point: if you don't take this movie seriously, and you enjoy it for what it is, you will like it. You know from the trailers if you will like it or not. I personally thought it was fun and action packed, but there will be people who won't like it. Its not stupid like Revenge of the Fallen, so don't stereotype it for that excuse for a movie (haha, that was a complete exaggeration). G.I. Joe is its own thrill ride, and its one heck of one.

B

No comments: