11/7/09

Smallville 9-7 "Kandor" Review


Season 7's "Lara" was the episode I saw before this one yesterday (I had just bought season 7), which was the perfect one to watch before Kandor. Kandor is mainly about Jor-El and Zod and their backstory. And Jor-El (well his Clone type-thing) actually is in the episode (and he looks like Sting from the Police).

There is no Lois in this episode, which is surprising considering last episode's Clois kiss. But this one is almost completely about Zod and Jor-El. And Clark meeting his father (I still think this is weird). There is some good action, good special effects, and amazing acting mainly from Callum Blue (he plays Zod). I thought the opening scene on Kandor, which is a city on Krypton, was especially well done.

This episode was epic. It had answered a lot of questions about the Zod storyline, and added some good action in their as well. I'm loving how this season is turning out, but there is something I have to mention.

Lex Luther has been gone almost half a season now, and that is definutely not good. One of the best parts of Smallville was Lex Luther and Clark's relationship and how they started out as friends. And just when it was supposed to get good, where they are enemies, Lex dies. What the heck! Its rumored that he will be returning for the finale, but honestly why should we have to wait so long?

Even without Lex, this season so far is my favorite. He's finally becoming Superman. I mean, it took him 9 seasons to do it, but finally we're here. When Lex comes back, Smallville will be the best it has ever been.