7/3/09

Lair PS3 Review


Lair is a great game. What could be better than flying dragons that breath fire, huge civilizations battling each other, and tons of explosions?

Graphics/Visuals: This game looks amazing. The graphics are easily the strongest point of Lair. Really, the effects (like the water) look film quality. 9.6/10

Story/Premise: The story is great (from what I've played so far), and I assume there will be many twists and turns. 9/10

Gameplay: This is where we run into problems. You steer by actually tilting the controller, which is great and adds to the realism. But the problem is the difficulty of the game. I had played the same level twice over the space of 45 minutes and I still haven't beaten it. But, the rest of the gameplay works great, and the game is a lot of fun. 7.5/10

Sound: Lair has a custom soundtrack that is movie quality (this game just seems like a movie!). The voice acting is good, and the sound effects are great. 9/10

Multiplayer: None. Its a shame because dragon vs dragon duels could of been so cool.

Overall: 8.6/10 (an average) Lair is fun but lack of multiplayer and frustrating levels keep it from being the best PS3 game (besides inFamous, of course!).

4 comments:

MBJ said...

Sounds like a cool game. Are you going to bring it to the reunion?

Skyler Olson said...

Yeah, I'll probably bring it. I'll also bring a ton more games, cuz I just ordered Ratchet and Clank, a game called motorstorm, and terminator salvation. I'll write those reviews when they come in the mail. :)

MBJ said...

I can't wait for the reunion!

Skyler Olson said...

Yeah, me neither, only 2 more weeks!!! :D