7/16/09

Transformers 2 Movie Review


Sorry I'm late, I saw this a couple weeks ago and I forgot to write a review. Here it is:

I am a big fan of the first movie. You can imagine my excitement when I saw the first trailer at the super bowl. Then more trailers came out. I started getting worried. The movie started looking worse and worse, and already I started getting disappointed. After one trailer I almost didn't want to see it, but then I remembered how amazing the first one was.My expectations were low, but not extremely low. 

I'm going to do this review like moviebuffjr where I say the prod and cons. I don't normally do this, but for some reason its seems better for this movie. I dunno, but here's what I think.

Pros: This movie has amazing effects. It's crazy how all of the Transformers, well, transform. The story is somewhat interesting, but lacks much heart. The action sequences are a thrill-ride, and the whole movie is nonstop action.

Cons: This movie is loud. Yeah, you know it coming in. But really, do we care which Transformer is the good guy anymore? Even if we did, which is which? At first you can tell them apart by there color (deceptions are silver-ish, autobots are colorful), but by the end you really can't tell. 

The acting is sad, and Megan Fox is the worst. I really don't care whether Sam or McKayla says "I love you" first. I mean, come on, that was CHEASY! 

My main problem is the mature jokes. Whoahhh, come one hasbro, there are 7-year-olds watching. I won't get into the details, but some of the stuff in this movie is really bad. I guess that's hasbro's sick scheme to get kids AND teenagers to see it. Really low, in my opinion.

This movie is like candy, or a roller-coaster. It's pretty cool for the most part, but you get really sick from it. The special effects are worth the ticket price alone, but this movie lacks heart. Transformers is kinda disappointing, but the special effects and actions sequences are good fun. This is a good article that explains how Transformers could be better, cutting out some dumb scenes: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20289277,00.html

B-

1 comment: