7/16/09

Terminator Salvation Movie Review




I watched this on quicksilverscreen.com. Here's my review:

The only Terminator movie I've seen is T2 on TV (edited). I looked up the story for the whole series on wikipedia so it made sense, and I'm glad I did. This movie would have not made sense if I hadn't known the story for the rest of the films.

This movie follows John Connor and the battle against Skynet, as well as him trying to save his soon-to-be father, Kyle Reese (that sounds weird, but it's true). It also shows Kyle's story, and Marcus Wright's story, too. All these stories come together in an action packed climatic scene that has to be one of the best finishing action sequences of the summer. *claps out loud*

The special effects also have to be one of the best of the summer. The Terminators look great, the explosions are nice, and everything is incredible. What really surprised me was Arnold Swarzenegger (I don't know how to spell that) CGI appearance. I had read that they recreated his face in CGI for this movie, but I had no idea how amazing it looked. *claps out loud, again*

The biggest problem about Salvation is it's length. 1:45 Is too short for summer flicks now, when the average time is like 2:00 to 2:30. Like moviebuff said, there could have been some interesting character development in this movie. This kinda of reminds me of what entertainment weekly said, "This movie is a robot." 

Like I said before, I liked how they had some interesting back story. It really added to the movie. It brings some cool stuff in the Terminator franchise.

Overall (I always end my reviews with "Overall"...don't worry, I don't wear overalls. Wow, cheesy joke alert!) I have to say Terminator is a great film with minor flaws. The flaws do not bring down the movie though, so I still recommend it. 

B+

3 comments:

MBJ said...

Yeah, this movie was really good, but could have been better.

Anonymous said...

It agree, your idea is brilliant

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.