7/14/09

Pirates of the Caribbean PS3 Review


Okay, I know I said this wasn't multiplayer, but when I got it I actually found out it did! Here's my review:

Graphics: This game has terrible graphics. This is not what a PS3 game should look like. But, it does have good animations, so I guess they're not completely terrible. 7.5/10

Story: We've all seen the movie. 10/10

Sound: All the actors from the film are here. Yay!!! Usually the voice acting is top notch. 9/10

Gameplay: I was expecting shallow gameplay, especially considering the last Disney game I played (Bolt), but surprisingly it's not that shallow. There are tons of different attacks, and all of them are hilarious (so far I've only played as Jack Sparrow). There was move where you can kick in the "you-know-where", and that always cracks me up. In the game, there is also lots of jumping, rope climbing, box-moving, and everything you'd expect from an action pirate game. But the best part of the game is the boss fights. In the boss fight, instead of using your regular moves, you go into a dueling mode, where you control the sword with the analog stick. You'll be dodging, attacking countering, and using special attacks that you build up. This really gives the gameplay of the game an interesting twist, and it is really fun to use. 10/10

Multiplayer: While you can't do the levels as co-op, you can do separate co-op challenges and vs duels. I really wish you could just play the levels co-op, but at least this game HAS multiplayer. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but I know pretty much what you do. It sounds really fun do fight a friend on dueling mode, so I can't wait to do that. 8.5/10

Overall, Pirates of the Caribbean is a surprisingly good game. While the graphics are so bad it's funny, the gameplay holds up strong, and this game can be nothing else than loads of swash-buckling action fun. 

9/10 (an average)

2 comments:

MBJ said...

Sounds like a really cool pirate game. Looks really fun.

Kevin Olson said...

I played the multiplayer with Casey, and it's tons of fun. Can't wait for you to play it!