5/31/09

Infamous PS3 Review


Okay, I know I gave Spider-Man Web of Shadows a 10.1/10. That was way more than it deserved. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but after playing inFamous, it is really incomparable. I now officially lower the Spider-Man WOS review to 9.3/10. Still an amazing game!

Let me start off by saying my #1 favorite video game has changed...to this. This takes elements from Spider-Man 2 and GTA (which I have never played cuz its rated M, but I know the basic idea of it) and combines it with one of the coolest super heroes ever. Seriously, Cole (dude on the over) is really cool/

In this game, you really feel powerful. You have to make choices, like save the city or destroy it. You can be evil, and you get red lightning attacks, or heroic and get blue lightning attacks. If your good, citizens will help you, but if your evil, they throw rocks at you.

The city (Empire City) looks amazing. You can climb practically anything, from building to street lights to, well anything you can think of! The villains are really creepy, and the whole game has a cool eerie feeling to it.

The creators of this PS3-exclusive, "Sucker Punch Studios", are the same small company that made one of my favorite PS2 classics, the Sly Cooper series. You can tell they took a lot of ideas from Sly, and it brings back memories from like 4 years ago. By the way, I hope they make Sly 4, that would be amazing! Sorry, off topic.

This game takes everything you know about video games and changes it. It is truly a great achievement, and I hope I see more of inFamous in the near future.

100/100 A+

3 comments:

MBJ said...

Whoa, a perfect score! You should bring it if you could to the reunion, because we have a 52 inch TV and it'd look perfect on there. Infamous sounds really cool.

MBJ said...

By the way, what games are you bringing, if you bring them? I just wondering, so I can get hyped up about them, because I've always wanted a PS3, so I can't wait for this! So can you tell me the games you're bringing? Thanks!

Skyler Olson said...

Check the post for the games I'm bringing! :)