5/17/09

Star Trek Review



The next Summer blockbuster movie has arrived, reviving an old series into a modern film. Star Trek is finally here.

I personally haven't ever seen any Star Trek movies, TV episodes, or anything else. Until now, I mean. It isn't hard to follow, because it's a prequel, and all the characters make sense.

Speaking of characters, I though Spock (pointy-eared guy) was going to be really cheesy, but he was a really deep and interesting character. There even is a part where there are two Spocks, but I won't give it away.

The movie looks fantastic. The effects are the best "space" (star wars, battlestar galactica, etc.) effects I have ever, EVER seen! Everything looks like real space footage.

Acting was great. The actors were all dedicated to there rolls, and (mainly Spock) were really believable. Not "Oscar-winning" good, but still perfect for the movie. Well, actually, the villain was not that great; he seemed like a villain from a spy kids movie. ;)

Now the story. Everything JJ Abrahms (I didn't spell that right, but who cares) writes is amazing (Lost, Cloverfield, etc.). So it's no wonder that this film has an excellent story. It keeps the audience into it the entire time. Really, this is one of JJ's best.

This film is epic. The fights are great, the effects are superb, the story's great, the acting is great, the movie is entertaining throughout, and it is JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!! I won't compare this to Wolverine because it's a completely different type of movie (apples to oranges), but I am giving it the same letter grade.

A

1 comment:

MBJ said...

I completely agree with this review. I'll write my review soon. Still don't have all A's.