5/26/09

Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa Review


I HATED MADAGASCAR 1!!!!!!!

Okay, thats dramatic, but it was the first movie I left to go refill my ICEE. I had no interest in the jokes, plot, or animation. Madagascar 2 does redeem the series, but it is nothing that I will hopefully watch again.

This film does have it's bright points. For example the penguins are pretty funny. But overall, this is pretty cheap. I was expecting more from a Dreamworks film.

The animation is mediocre compared to PIXAR (can't wait to see "Up"), and the visuals are extremely impressive. There are not bad, but nothing to be remembered by.

Ben Stiller is usually pretty good, but you can tell he would rather do something else. The other voice acting isn't good either.

I really liked the music in this film (that one song that keeps playing, "The Traveling Song"). Movies always seem better with good music.

Okay, I probably dislike this movie because I hated the first, but really this is a mediocre unambitious sequel. I don't recommend this movie, or the tv series either. I am disappointed in Dreamworks right now. Hopefully Pixar's "Up" will crush this into the ground.

C+

1 comment:

MBJ said...

I agree with you. However, I thought Madagascar was funnier than you think. But I'd give it a 7.5/10, though. I just haven't written the review, yet.