5/26/09

Valkyrie Review


I always like "smart" movies. Movies where you come out saying wow, that was cool AND I feel like I was just in social studies. Weird combination (I don't like Social Studies at all), but it seems to work. Valkyrie is one of those movies.

Let me get the bad stuff out of the way. First, it is really weird how Cruise is the only one without a German accent. It doesn't make a big difference, but it is kinda annoying. The movie is also at times a little hard to follow, but isn't too bad (well, my brother kept asking if Hitler was the bad guy, and then fell asleep).

Now the good:

I learned a lot about that time period, as well as Hitler and General Stoffenberg (Cruise). It kept my interest way more than any teacher could. Of course, there were cool explosions, near escapes and intense moments. I was sitting at the edge of my seat (Well, bean bag chair) the entire time! This movie is really suspenseful.

Overall I'm glad I saw this movie. It had important stuff (explosions, shooting, violence) and kinda important stuff (history about Hitler)**. Highly entertaining!

B+

**You can see my priorities!

1 comment:

MBJ said...

I completely agree. I thought it was quite boring on a number of parts, but what did you think of that ending? I never expected that, did you? It may be light on action, but the ending woke me up entirely.